The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is a heart-wrenching young adult novel that deals with themes of love, loss, and illness. If you’re looking for more books like “The Fault in Our Stars,” you’re in luck! Here are seven other books that will tug at your heartstrings.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – Like The Fault in Our Stars, this novel explores the relationship between a young woman and a man who is dealing with a debilitating illness. Louisa Clark takes a job as a caregiver for Will Traynor, who was paralyzed in an accident. As they spend more time together, they develop feelings for each other, but their relationship is complicated by Will’s desire to end his life.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman – In this novel, 17-year-old Mia is in a coma after a car accident that killed her parents and younger brother. As she watches her friends and family struggle to cope with the aftermath, Mia must decide whether to stay in this world or move on to the next.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – Violet and Finch meet on the ledge of the bell tower at their school, both contemplating suicide. As they work on a class project together, they start to fall in love, but Finch’s struggles with mental illness threaten their relationship.
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – After her sister dies, Lennie feels lost and alone. She finds solace in the arms of two very different boys, but as she tries to move on from her grief, she realises she needs to face it head-on.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – Maddy has never left her house because she has a rare immune disorder. When a new family moves in next door, she falls for their son, Olly, and starts to question whether she’s willing to risk her life for love.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell – Set in the 1980s, this novel follows the unlikely romance between Eleanor, a new student who doesn’t fit in, and Park, a quiet boy who loves comic books and music. As they bond over their shared interests, they realise they have a deeper connection.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – After Samantha dies in a car accident, she wakes up the next morning and relives the day of her death over and over again. As she tries to figure out how to break the cycle, she starts to see the impact of her actions on the people around her.
All of these books, like The Fault in Our Stars, deal with heavy themes and emotional relationships. They will make you laugh, cry, and think deeply about what it means to love and live.
If you liked The Fault in our Stars, or any of the above seven novels then you’ll love Miracle.
Miracle is a slow burn romance where Sydney Snow decides to help her friend, Connor, win over the affections of his long time crush, Mackenzie, but in doing so she accidentally falls in love with him while he remains completely oblivious… continue reading >
Leave a Reply